Stairlift Terms and Conditions
- The company are under a legal duty to supply goods that are in conformity with the contract.
- All estimates are made and all orders are accepted by the Company subject to the following conditions.
- Estimates shall be available for acceptance for a maximum period of 30 days from the date of estimate and may be withdrawn by the Company within such a period at any time by written or oral notice.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- We will always attempt to install the stairlift as arranged with you; typically we deliver and install within 2-6 weeks but will keep you fully informed. When we make arrangements for installation we are as careful as possible to inform you of accurate dates but we are not in a position to guarantee these dates. Unless time is made of the essence, and a timeframe is agreed in writing, prior to the conclusion of the contract by the customer; the customer shall not be entitled to cancel the order or to claim damages if the company is not able to install on the dates arranged.
- Alterations to the order by the Customer may result in delay in delivery.
- The Company will endeavour to comply with reasonable requests by the Customer for postponement of delivery but shall be under no obligation to do so and may charge the Customer with reasonable charges for storage.
- The Customer must ensure the provision to the Company of adequate access and necessary facilities to enable the Company to deliver in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
- The Customer will be required to sign a demonstration/delivery checklist on delivery of the goods.
RETURN OF GOODS FOR IN STORE PURCHASES (ON-PREMISES SALES)
- The Customer shall not be entitled to return the goods supplied for any reason other than under the guarantee conditions or in accordance with the Customer’s statutory rights.
- For sales made away from the store (off-premises sales), please refer to instructions for cancellations which you have been given a copy of.
- Please note if a representative of Ableworld visits you in the home and leaves you a quotation along with your pre-contract information, and you later decide to go ahead the contract will not be cancellable.
STAIRLIFT OWNERSHIP AND BALANCE
- Ownership of the goods supplied shall only pass to the customer when the customer has paid to the company all sums due under the order. You agree that the balance will be payable upon installation of the stairlift. Failure to pay the balance at this time may result in the immediate removal of the goods or disabling of the stairlift until the balance is paid.
PRICES AND VAT
- If any alteration to the design or specification of the goods ordered is requested by the Customer and agreed by the Company an appropriate alteration in the price for the goods may be made by the Company.
- Certain goods supplied for individual disabled persons at present are not subject to VAT but VAT may be charged in the event of a change in the law. The Company will require a signed declaration of entitlement.
- Because we will start incurring costs when we begin to prepare the stairlift for installation you must pay a deposit when you place an order. Should you decide to cancel the order then we will be entitled to keep some or all of the deposit to pay for any costs we have incurred. For orders of a straight stairlift, this is providing you have requested that we begin to start the work within the cancellation period.
DIMENSIONS AND TECHNICAL DATA
- All figures, speeds, measurements, capacities and other technical information and data contained in the Company’s advertising, sales and technical literature are based on trials under test conditions and are provided for general guidance only.
- The Company may agree the exact specification of goods supplied if so requested by the Customer, but to be valid such specification must be recorded on the acknowledgement of order form.
GUARANTEE - NEW PRODUCTS
- The stairlift that you have ordered comes complete with a guarantee which starts from the date the stairlift is installed by us. This guarantee covers the cost of replacement parts and labour for any fault caused by manufacture or installation. The stairlift may be repaired or replaced (like for like) at the customer’s discretion, unless either option is impossible or disproportionate to the other. The guarantee does not include abuse or misuse or error on your part, or your failure to properly follow the instructions in the Owner’s Manual.
- This guarantee does not affect the statutory rights of the Customer but if the Customer wishes to have the benefit of the guarantee conditions the Customer must comply with the provisions set out below.
- In the event of a defect in the goods supplied becoming apparent within the guarantee period as stated on your customer order form the Company either itself or by an authorised dealer/repair agent will affect any necessary repair or replacement of parts free of charge on condition that the Customer complies with the following provisions of this guarantee. In all cases, batteries are guaranteed for six months from date of delivery of the product.
- Any part repaired or replaced during the guarantee period is guaranteed for the duration of that period.
- The arrangements for repairs and service and the designated repairer will be notified to the Customer by the Company and will be confirmed at any time on request.
- On a defect occurring during the guarantee period the customer must notify the company immediately giving full information as to the problem and no use must be made of the goods and no alteration or unauthorised repairs made to the goods prior to inspection by the company.
- If the Customer is operating the goods away from the locality of the designated repairer the Customer must contact the Company to obtain the name and address of another repairer authorised by the Company.
- Items of a consumable nature will not normally be covered during the guarantee period unless such items have suffered undue wear as a direct result of an original manufacturing defect. These items include amongst others lubricant, motor brushes, upholstery, tyres, inner tubes, brakes and similar parts. Batteries will be covered by the guarantee only where they have been charged and maintained fully in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Under normal circumstances, no responsibility will be accepted where the goods have required repair or replacement as a direct result of:-
a) The goods or part not having been maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, and not using the specified original equipment parts only.
b) The goods or part having been damaged by neglect, accident or improper use.
c) The goods or part having been altered from the manufacturer’s specifications, or repairs having been attempted prior to the designated repairer being notified.
d) Fair wear and tear.
- Please note all products to be repaired under guarantee that were collected from store, need to be brought back to your nearest store for Ableworld to action the guarantee. Products that were delivered and need to be repaired under guarantee will be collected by Ableworld or repaired on site as long as the customer remains within the company’s delivery radius, outside of this radius additional costs will be borne by the customer.
- Guarantees/warranties are not insurance backed.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- On top of our own strict code of conduct (which can be found on our website) we are also members of CERA. More information can be found by going to www.ceracommunityequipment.org.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
- If you are not happy with any aspect of the service you received from Ableworld, in the first instance you should contact your local store. If they cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and you wish to raise the issue with Head Office you can do so by, email to [email protected] or by writing to: Customer Services Manager, Ableworld, Stapeley Technology Park, London Road, Stapeley, Cheshire, CW5 7JW.
If after exhausting these steps you are still not happy with the outcome of your complaint you can seek an alternative dispute resolution which may be in the form of mediation, adjudication or arbitration, through CERA. Contact details can be found at www.ceracommunityequipment.org/. Alternatively, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution regarding any installation, servicing or repair complaints and if you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted Traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
- Neither party shall be under any liability for any delay, loss or damage caused wholly or part by act of God, governmental restriction condition or control or by reason of any act done or not done pursuant to a trade dispute whether such dispute involves its employees or not by reason of any other act, matter or thing beyond its reasonable control, including failure by the other party to carry out the provisions of these conditions.